Friday, July 16, 2010

Vitalia Diatchenko Top Pics

Dubai: Vitalia Diatchenko has realised something very important in Dubai - she has fulfilled a childhood dream and does not want it to end.
The bubbly 18-year-old from Russia scaled a personal landmark last weekend at the Habtoor Grand Resort and Spa here by winning the singles title of the 10th Al Habtoor Tennis Challenge.
And she has been so enamoured by the attention showered on her that she has promised a return to defend her title next year.
"I love this place. It has been such a huge week for me and my career. I will return to defend my title next year, no matter where I am in my career," Diatchenko told Gulf News, following her three-set win against tournament favourite and third seed Urszula Radwanska.
Diatchenko used crisp and hard groundstrokes to beat her opponent 7-5, 2-6, 7-5 for her first singles title in the $75,000 (Dh275,490) tournament last week.
Prior to the title in Dubai, Diatchencko's best was a $50,000 crown in Moscow in August this year. And her win in Dubai has done so much for her rankings on the circuit - she has jumped an incredible 77 spots from her existing 273 to a career high number 196 on the WTA Rankings.

vitalia diatchenko
vitalia diatchenko
vitalia diatchenko
vitalia diatchenko
vitalia diatchenko
vitalia diatchenko
vitalia diatchenko

No comments:

Post a Comment